Q&A Questions and Answers about Psychotherapy
Following are Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Where does the psychotherapy take place?
Normally, the sessions take place in 1090 Vienna, Alser Straße 30 / 7.
On request, online therapy or a home visit can also be arranged.
Can I get a subsidy (reimbursement) from the health insurance fund?
Yes, in principle, the health insurance company (depending on the insurance company) reimburses between 28 and 40 euros if the requirements are met.
The first 10 sessions are free of authorization for reimbursement.
ÖGK: 31,50 Euro
KFA: 36 Euro
BVA: 42,40 Euro
SVS: 45 Euro
As of November 2023
Is there the option for fully financed (by the health insurance) places?
No, unfortunately currently I cannot offer any fully financed places.
How much does one hour of psychotherapy (individual therapy) cost?
The fee for an hour of psychotherapy (consisting of 50 minutes session and 10 minutes of documentation time) is 100 euros. You can get back part of this from the health insurance company.
How much does couples therapy cost?
90 minutes of sessions are recommended for couple therapy. The fee is 180 euros.
How much does family therapy cost?
90 minutes of sessions are recommended for family therapy. The fee is 180 euros.
How much does group therapy cost?
Depending on the group, the duration and therefore the costs may vary. Therefore, the fees will be announced on request.
Can I get a discount?
On the one hand, there is the possibility of reimbursement from the health insurance company (see above).
On the other hand, you can ask for a social tariff if necessary, depending on your income situation.
Can I get a home visit?
Yes, home visits are possible on request. Depending on the travel time, additional cost will be incurred.
At what frequency do the sessions in psychotherapy take place?
- Several factors have to be taken into account for the frequency, in particular the severity of the problem and the setting. It will be determined by agreement in the initial interview and adjusted as necessary.
- For individual therapy and family therapy, weekly therapy is often recommended at the beginning, whereby after a certain relief it can be reduced to every 14 days..
- In couples therapy, a 14-day frequency is common.
- In group therapy, it depends on the respective group and the thematic focus.
What are the framework conditions in psychotherapy?
The topics and problems discussed in psychotherapy are subject to legal confidentiality according to the Austrian Psychotherapy Law (PthG §15).
In the case of contact tracing, I would only give the authorities your name, but no secret content will be disclosed.
You have a right to careful clarification of the problem with which you come to me for psychotherapy. If a consultation of other specialists (psychiatrists, medical specialists,...) of the health care system seems necessary, I am obliged to make you a corresponding recommendation.
Psychotherapy is voluntary. I am not allowed to treat you without your consent.
Agreed appointments must be paid even if they are not used. A timely cancellation (at least 48 hours before the appointment) releases you from this obligation.
Your personal data will be collected, recorded, stored and used in accordance with the provisions for legal documentation in accordance with §16a PthG (10-year retention obligation) and for the communication necessary in the context of psychotherapy.
Is there short-term therapy and does it make sense?
(Solution-oriented) Short-term therapy can work in particular if the problem topic is relatively concrete and clear.
Even with more complex topics, a significant improvement in the situation is sometimes possible within a short time.
Short-term therapy requires patience. Therefore, expectations should not be set too high.
What kind of quality assurance applies to the psychotherapy here?
- The Federal Ministry provides for a strict training guideline for psychotherapy, which ensures that scientific evidence-based methods are used.
- The education associations ensure that psychotherapists meet the necessary requirements both theoretically and practically during training.
- Regular further education and training is mandatory for psychotherapists.
- Regular supervision and/or intervision enables exchange with other experienced colleagues and provides additional opportunities for reflection and new perspectives. The colleagues are also subject to secrecy and the exchange takes place anonymously.
Do you offer Psychotherapy in English language?
Yes. My mother tongue is German. Due to my long-term daily (work related) experience with the English language, I can still offer psychotherapy in English.
|Which path should I take?|
|Why does time apparently move faster (and faster)?|
|How can I better shape my life?|
|How can I sustain the current pressure?|
|Why does happiness not last (forever)?|
|Why am i feeling this way?|
|These and other similar questions have probably come to every mind
at some point in life. Some of them we can answer ourselves,
if we deal with our topics.
This process helps us getting to know ourselves.
If / when the issues are too much for us, psychotherapy may be helpful.